Updated 29th May 2023
Raket.ph also connects to third party services to perform certain functions. Before using Raket.ph please take a moment to read the privacy policies of these third party services.
Users can authenticate (log in to Raket.ph) via the following services:
Raket.ph facilitates a direct relationship between Raketeers and Buyers on Raket.ph. Individual Raketeers receive certain contact information about Buyers transaction information such as delivery addresses and phone numbers when required for shipping providers and as such Raketeers themselves are responsible for their own lawful processing of information made available to them by the service.
2.) Who We Are
- Our site address is www.raket.ph
- Our company name is The Rocket Inc.
- Our company number is CS201738408
- Our registered address is 2F Lead Bldg, Sto. Rosario St., Angeles City, Philippines 2009
- Our nominated representative is Christopher “Peng” Enriquez and they can be contacted at email@example.com
3.) What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact information such as name and email address either entered directly or transmitted via a social sign up facility such as ‘sign up with Google’ or ‘sign up with Facebook’,
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site,
- Information you put into your Raket.ph profile and updates to your profile including but not limited to images, hashtags, text updates and links to third-party websites or content,
- Information you enter to send or receive payments such as Xendit Connected Account information,
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site,
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use,
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration,
- The referring URL (where a visitor to a page came from).
- Marketing preferences information which can be managed at notification settings,
- Other personal information you choose to disclose to us for any reason.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We collect and process your personal data;
- As necessary to fulfill our Terms and Conditions of Use
- Consistent with your consent which you may revoke at any time through the deletion of your account
- As is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- To protect your vital interest or those of others
- As necessary in the public interest
- For our legitimate interest in the provision of a service to our users and partners unless those interests may be overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. If you do disable cookies it may not be possible to use the service.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- creating a specific log-in session for a user of the site in order that the site remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- recognising if a visitor to the site is registered with us in any way;
- We may also log information including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and monitor overall usage of our site.
- customizing elements of the content of the pages of the site.
Performance and measurement
- collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users.
5.) How we use what we collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively,
- Provide information about the service or RaketShips of which may be of interest,
- Tell you about additional services available to you,
- Carry out our contracts with you,
- Allow you to use our interactive services if you want to,
- Comply with the acceptable use policies of payment partners such as Xendit,
- Tell you our charges for premium, gold or pro services where appropriate
If you don't want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please adjust your notification settings.
Note: Both Raket.ph and the Raketeers using Raket.ph process the personal information provided on Raket.ph separately and are therefore considered independent data controllers. For example, Raketeers using Raket.ph will have access to their Buyer shipping addresses and transaction information. If you do not wish for your information to be available to Raketeers on Raket.ph, please do not enter that information when using Raket.ph and do not use this service.
In addition, if you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section in 5, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will remove our ability to provide the service to you and will not automatically remove that contact or transaction data previously made available to Raketeers.
6.) Where we store your data
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to provide the service to you.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
If we give you a password, you must keep it confidential. Please don't share it. Although we try to provide protection, we cannot guarantee complete security for your data, and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite our efforts.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted automatically if we no longer need it.
7.) Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell the service or the company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- We can disclose it to other businesses in our group.
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights.
- If a payment provider such as Xendit requests access to it.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data.
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
Disclosing buyer information to Raketeers
We will disclose any transaction information entered on Raket.ph required to facilitate direct communication between the Raketeer and Buyer, the fulfillment of transactions or calculation of tax liabilities.
Raketeers are responsible for how they use the data collected on Raket.ph. By buying from a Raketeer on Raket.ph you are directing us to share your information in this way. If you do not wish for information to be disclosed to a Raketeer please do not enter that information on Raket.ph.
Raketeers may contact you outside of Raket.ph and you agree to contact them directly should you wish to withdraw your consent to contact you. It will be wholly the responsibility of the Raketeer, not Raket.ph to use your data in accordance with applicable laws.
Raketeers using buyer information
We expect Raketeers to respect the privacy of the buyers whose information you have received. As described in Raket.ph Terms and Conditions, you have a limited license to use that information only for Raket.ph related communications and transactions. Raket.ph has not granted a license to you to use the information for unauthorized transactions or sending unsolicited commercial messages in violation of any applicable laws, including any consent requirements of the jurisdiction of the recipient.
You should only add a Buyer to your email or physical mailing list or otherwise use or store a Buyer’s personal information in accordance with applicable laws, including any consent requirements that apply in that member's jurisdiction.
8.) Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
9.) Links to other sites